April Quest(ion) of the Month

Home Forums Quest Talk Player of the Month April Quest(ion) of the Month

This topic contains 10 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Raistlin Raistlin 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Inchoa
    Inchoa

So once again we are back on here asking YOU, the lovely playerbase of ROTJ to let us know how we might best tune up some of the zones that just seem a little downtrodden here on ROTJ Mud. And in order to do that we are holding a quest, worth 5 Quest points and 5 Skill points.

Here is what we need from you:

– A zone that you think needs some tuning up
    – Biggest complaint of that zone (why it’s really not very effective)

Here are the rules:

– All submissions must be made as a reply to this post
    – You may submit as many ideas as you want, the best one will be selected.
    – This is subjective according to Meru. Thus, in order to increase your chances of winning don’t request things like “1m exp on all mobs” or some other BS suggestion. Also, keep in mind balancing, we will not retune things to bring this game out of balance.
    – Don’t be a menace. We want this to be productive and useful, Meru is dedicated to making this place great, so please help us out here.

The quest has now started, may the odds ever be in your favor…wait wtf does that even mean? Stupid hunger games…

Luke Entwistle
    Luke Entwistle
    Participant

Loria needs to be able to run through more than once per uptime.

Huadatah
    Huadatah
    Participant

Kholma’s base xp for mobs is pretty low, considering that the mobs there can adapt and generally whip on bottoms. On a fresh pop, it doesn’t even compare to Mandalore or Shriwirr in terms of experience for these mobs. Would love to have that fixed.

Zadin
    Participant

This is obviously a very loaded and question and I may be disqualified for my answer, but I think there are a few zones that need to be updated that I feel are grouped the same. The main reason why they need to be updated is because they were relevant at a time when the exp/reward for that zone was high and when exp ranges were much smaller. Now with survivor exp, all the new zones, and 100 levels, these zones were left in the dust. Not to mention, the zones listed below are major zones for the game and for the Star Wars universe.

Hoth (Newbies barely go here, only mob that’s worthwhile is Leia and if you wander enough there can be some decent survivor wayyy deep in the zone)
    Corellia (Little to no survivor gained even with high uptime, GM’s are only decent +40 level mobs)
    Bespin/Cloud City (No survivor at high uptime, mid level mobs not balanced enough exp, Lando is only high level mob besides Luke and Vader when they load there.

As for improvements:

Make the zones larger
    Update exp/credits/mobs/eq
    Add in more of a range of high level mobs that have favorable exp
    Add dgscripts for more interaction

Chris
    Participant

i think it would be neat if the mobs on the droid federation control ship were upped in both difficulty and exp. they do have nice exp on them, but it’d be neat to see them tougher with a little more exp

Sean Regan
    Sean Regan
    Participant

I am not even sure that experience even needs to be upgraded. A lot of the zones that I like to level in regularly have huge amounts of experience in them, most with or without uptime. I think it would be cool to go through and update a couple of zones though, like most of the other posts in this thread there are just a few zones that feel “old” to me and need a good once over. Hoth, Kessel, Bastion and Sumitra could all use a good once over. When I say once over, I dont mean going through and upping the experience, because for the most part there is more than enough experience out there to go around, I mean update the equipment, what I am seeing in the game is this, there is good-great eq and there is crap eq, there is very little middle of the road “normal” stuff out there for the midbie player. Perhaps a nice influx of low-mid level eq would be nice. Maybe some items that load in the game that give “necessary” stats like hitroll and decent armor class to low and midlevel characters until they can upgrade or purchase better items. I am probably just babbling a little bit, but I feel “updating” experience isnt the cure-all for everything that ails the mud. I think better options for eq for low level players would be a better start as I see a lot of level 40-70 players running around with equipment on them that is just sad.

Ryan G
    Participant

I’m brand new to the MUD so I have the newbie / lowbie experience. (Been on for about 2 weeks). I want to echo some of what has been said before. There seems to be a huge gap between desirable equipment and worthless equipment. I find I’m better off hanging around the donations room after a decent amount of uptime rather than going out and exploring because I just don’t have the chance to take out a mob that would ever give me something better than what higher level people are trashing.

I would suggest having “Max Level” on equipment just like minimum. This would mean that some special stats load on equipment that disappear if worn by someone over level 30 or 40 or whatever. Maybe the stats could even disappear if picked up by a higher player.. or the equipment can’t be picked up by someone over level 45 at all.. it burns them. This would mean the new and lowbie is forced to make the kills themselves. You could put this equipment on the “named” Mobs in newbie and lowbie zones (Hoth, Kessil, Sumitra, Anchorhead, Jabba’s etc.) This would give me an insentive to go and try and explore / kill mobs in those zones.

The biggest problem I currently see is that the hardest mobs I am able to kill at level 25 to 45 or so never give me equipment anywhere close to being as good as stuff just sitting in donations that Higher players scrap so the insentive isn’t there.

Love the game and thanks for all the work you guys must do!

Raistlin
    Raistlin
    Keymaster

In answer to one of Galtin’s questions, tons of mobs are flagged with specific factions, such as Stormtroopers to the Empire, Sith to..Sith, etc. The death of faction mobs will negatively affect their faction and help their enemies. You mention the killing of big mobs like the Emperor, the death of those mobs have substantial built in faction bonuses…so they are the ones people notice.

Maybe the rate of faction shifting could be looked at to make clearing a zone of imperial mobs would be more noticable so a low level player could have more effect.

Circ
    Circ
    Participant

Low level imperials don’t really have any trouble shifting factions to their advantage by killing a few mobs on Hoth, Dantooine and Deathstar surface. With some resting, doable at 10. I can’t think offhand of any mobs that a level 10 rebel could kill to shift balance though, other than a thousand stormtroopers. Faction is usually in rebel favor though as they’re always the ones to grab outposts and imps rarely if ever bother retaliating.

Raistlin
    Raistlin
    Keymaster

I find it irritating that in simple character creation one can’t choose their character’s size. Admissibly you’re trying to streamline the creation process as much as possible for newbies but I think compared to the slew of stat choices making your character a certain size isn’t horribly confusing. If not that it would be nice if you got a one time chance to change your size upon playing the game a bit and (in my case) realizing you would be more effective if you were say large rather than medium.

Raistlin
    Raistlin
    Keymaster

I would also like to see more auto-quests in the game. While I know qp is a commodity that shouldn’t be doled out left and right that aside I think it would give players more to do if they had more quests they could complete (say when there was little up-time and shit xp). Maybe have repeatable quests that just give out xp for completing some task or things such as that. Also having group autoquests that would give some kind of in game bonus like regen would be a cool way for players to earn bonuses aside from the imms feeling generous.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.