Forum

This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Raistlin Raistlin 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Raistlin
    Raistlin
    Keymaster

Since the forum link on the website opens the forum into a new window, linking the big ‘ROTJ’ image at the top of the forum to the main [i:20jcs95f]website[/i:20jcs95f] page instead of the main [i:20jcs95f]forum[/i:20jcs95f] page seems odd to me. Since the website is left open in the original window, wouldn’t it make more sense to have that link take me back to the start of the forum, instead of giving me another open copy of the website?

I guess my point is this: Please change the link of the image to take users to the forum index, or change the forum link on the website so it no longer opens a new window.

Raistlin
    Raistlin
    Keymaster

I just click on the "Rotjmud.com Forum Index" just above this section to get back to the main forum index.

Raistlin
    Raistlin
    Keymaster

Yes, I do that as well – but habit from every other phpBB and phpBB2 group that [i:1qx7cxsf]I[/i:1qx7cxsf] have used makes me click the image. I assumed others would have similar habits; perhaps not.

Raistlin
    Raistlin
    Keymaster

The image or banner can be seen as the logo for the mud’s website, so it does indeed make sense to go the website.

BUT

Just above that is a huge name of the post that you are currently busy which is a link, to where u currently are…

Would be best left as a non link I’d say.

Raistlin
    Raistlin
    Keymaster

Well seeing as I just have a bookmark directly to the forum, it’s actually useful to have a link for the homepage. HOwever, I also have a bookmark for that, so *shrug*

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.