Jedi Promotion Requirements

Home Forums Clans and Roleplay Jedi Order Jedi Promotion Requirements

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Mordomer Mordomer 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Nealan
    Participant

The following standards were detailed by Council Leader Tristen, and have been taken directly from that original detail.

Bear Clan –
    Once you reach level 30 you can be promoted if you contact a Council member or Leader and find a willing Master.

Padawan –
    Work with your Master and learn how to be a proper Jedi.
    Once you reach level 60, create a personal (doesnt have to be maxed) and have your master contact a Councilor or Leader to design a trial for you.

Knight –
    Once you’ve passed your trial and been promoted, your job is to train Padawans to Knighthood. You can also run quests.
    Once you reach level 80 and have trained two padawan, you can take your Master trial. Contact a Councilor or Leader to design your trial for you.

Master-
    Your job is to help knights as well as training a Padawan. You are also to help with trials and communicate openly with the Councilors and Leader.
    You can also run quests.

Joseph M Olonia
    Joseph M Olonia
    Participant

If I may be so bold (and again not overly critical), the above requirements should be kept to, because at the moment they are not being followed. Bear clanners are left without direction because their are an insufficient number of Knights, and Padawans that are already 80th or greater levels, and in limbo as to whether or not they will see knighthood.

Jeseren :unsure:

Tristen
    Tristen

I think part of this problem is my fault since real life sort of got involved and I decided reality might be a bit important. Sophi also got really busy. I’m now back so that will fix some of the issues. However, I refuse to take all the blame and refuse that Sophi and I together should take all of it. Here’s why.

1) Every time I try to run a rp quest, I’m treated like a slave who should do everything and let you have the benefits with no work, and that is a no go.

2) It is a lot (and i mean a lot) of work to maintain rp for you all, and until there is interest why should i waste my free time setting up stuff people don’t appreciate or want to do.

3) Lets make a deal, you agree to work and i’ll agree to help and we’ll try this again and see if we can get rp going again!

Raistlin
    Raistlin
    Keymaster

Tad off topic, HAI TRISTEN! I was Rhum a (couple?) purge ago, not that I expect you to remember ;’p

Insofar as Jedi Ranks, perhaps we should change the setting a bit. Either go backwards a tad and have it so multiple padawans are with a single master like in the old republic comics.
    Or move it forwards, where while still being a knight you could still be a student, much like during the New Republic era and NJO series, where you had people performing as knights while still under tutelage and still learning, much like Corran Horn or Mara Jade.

Irrelevant of what happens, my RP is pretty much going to stay the same. I’m going to be an angsty mean mook who’s toeing whether or not the Jedi are really what the universe needs.

Meaning I hold no grudges on anyone. Except ewoks.

Urdok
    Participant

Tad off topic, HAI TRISTEN! I was Rhum a (couple?) purge ago, not that I expect you to remember ;’p

Insofar as Jedi Ranks, perhaps we should change the setting a bit. Either go backwards a tad and have it so multiple padawans are with a single master like in the old republic comics.
    Or move it forwards, where while still being a knight you could still be a student, much like during the New Republic era and NJO series, where you had people performing as knights while still under tutelage and still learning, much like Corran Horn or Mara Jade.

Irrelevant of what happens, my RP is pretty much going to stay the same. I’m going to be an angsty mean mook who’s toeing whether or not the Jedi are really what the universe needs.

Meaning I hold no grudges on anyone. Except ewoks.

Joseph M Olonia
    Joseph M Olonia
    Participant

Actually my comment above wasn’t meant as a harsh critism. I merely felt that some alteration or keeping to the promotion requirements should be maintained. I did not imply that real life does not take precident, it does. But there are a lot of Masters among the mortal ranks who could take some of the burden for giving trials, and seeing to it that Knights are training padawans, ect., ect.

ps. didn’t mean to step on any toes.

Jeseren

Tristen
    Tristen

Jes, you didnt step on toes that I know of, I just wanted to make sure there were no misunderstandings about where I stood. Also, many of the jedi have multiple padawans, thats where we are at atm. For example, right before I headed out for real life stuff i had 4 padawans. I encourage multiple padawans per master since the player base supports this idea more. I also encourage “paired” or “grouped” peeps to help each other, b/c even if you dont get a master, if you show your interest then the ranks can be opened to you at the appropriate levels. Trials are run by master rank and up. Only reason an imm would get involved is for your restring, etc. Hope this clarified my post, i reread it and realize it comes across as a bit harsh. Ok have fun!

Joseph M Olonia
    Joseph M Olonia
    Participant

Nice reading this post, Tristen. It clarifies something I’d been wondering. At this point, I only have one Padawan. I should look about for another Padawan, at least.

Jeseren

Raistlin
    Raistlin
    Keymaster

Good day, fellow Jedi.
    This is Jeseren again. I would like to comment
    that the Order seems to be on better track these
    days, thanks to a few promotions to Knight, and
    those new Knights taking on Padawans. Its astounding
    to me how many new recruits there are waiting their
    time to be trained by Master. So even with the new
    promotions there is a line of Bear Clanners seeking
    training by the Jedi Order in the Ways of the Force.

I thank the Masters and Councilors for their hard
    work and dedication to the Order and to ensuring its
    survival. I myself will be seeking a second padawan and
    so try to accomodate another enthusiastic learner who will
    one day join in the fight against the darkside.

Thanks for you attention,
    Jeseren, Knight of the Order.

Mordomer
    Mordomer
    Participant

I come to RotJ in a time when things are obviously slower than they were many years ago, however, I am interested in these roleplay elements and the great system that I see. Granted, many great systems lay dormat in MudDom, a sign of the times. That said, if there is interest in reviving this order within the Galaxy, I would be interested in being a part of it. I’ll leave it to fate to see whether this forum is still being read, I see it is obviously used little.

Yours in the Force,

Mordomer

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.