Once every year or so I take it upon myself to begin planned monthly or quarterly updates and then do nothing following that first update for over a year. Â I might as well call it a yearly update, but here we go, once again I’ll be attempting at least a quarterly update…if there is something worth talking about! Â The changes to Revenge of the Jedi MUD over the last several months are listed below. Â Also, I’d like to note ourÂ facebook pageÂ should be your first stopping point for keeping up with game events. Â It’s our primary home these days.
Game Design Changes
- DisintegrateÂ will no longer have a chance of affecting Custom Items.
- Players should now be able to target alternate equipped itemsÂ of the same name with standard 2.item logic. Â For example, if wearing 2 shimmering cloaks on their person, they can put items into and examine the second cloak by naming it 2.cloak. Â This was previously not possible with worn equipment.
- Room traps that damage NPC’s can no longer deliver a deathblow. Â Instead the NPC will enter a mortally wounded status (-10 hp) and stop following their master (if they had one). Â Note they will probably bleed out and die afterwards. Â This change will resolve a nasty crash bug most commonly encountered when running Recon droids through damaging rooms.
- The Dowager Queen long a landmark on the Tatooine streets has been expanded into a minor NEWBIE zone, 20-30 rooms in size.
- Blindness and Force SleepÂ training guidesÂ have had their skill point costs equalized with their help files.
- Advance Sense Danger now functions like it should
- Failure of Raise Funds should no longer trigger aggression from other player’s followers
- Ryloth turbolift door and other reportedÂ key issues have been corrected.
- Eye of Vex,Â Wickets Cowl and a few similar item mistakes making said items unusable have been corrected.
- Autoquest’s failing to update their status do to players in Darkness or otherwise invisible has been corrected.