RotJ will be moving to an upgraded server between the hours 2AM and 8AM MST on May 10th. The outage should only last about 30 minutes but should the game not immediately come back up, it could be down longer, as it’s likely most of us with access to the magic on button will be sleeping.
It should be noted that our physical IP address (18.104.22.168) will be changing with this move but the rotjmud.org:9400 address for connecting will still work.
Maybe we’ll put on some bonuses after the move, thanks for playing,
A big shout out to Foosha for building our newest large zone addition, the Imperial planet of Scarif. Scarif, you may recall, is the tropical home of the Death Star plans a daring group of rebels attempt to steal in the movie Rogue One. Foosha’s Scarif brings you in at the climatic high point of the battle with the Rebel fleet engaging Imperial Star Destroyers and desperately trying to bring down the planet shield gate as heroes on the ground battle to get their hands on those plans. Most of the big names from the Rogue One movie can be found scattered around Scarif, if only you can bring down that shield gate!
With both space and ground combat in the high level 80-100 range and a brand new autoquest, Scarif is an exciting addition for high level players. Go check it out,
Hyperspace Jump 909.
Congratulations to our newest immortal Croop, who joins the RotJ leadership ranks this month. Croop’s first contribution to Revenge of the Jedi is the new planet, Aaris III, a massive 759 room zone that he has worked on for a long time.
Aaris III was a jungle world planet planet located in the Outer Rim Territories and the home world of a reptilian society that flourished several thousand years ago. The civilization was destroyed by a relic that may still exist. The Aaris cities have fallen into ruin, mostly reclaimed by the jungle. At least one science team (led by Doctor Lancer Brunou) has been sent to investigate the ruins of Aaris III and the planet has become a point of contention between the Empire and the New Republic.
Croop’s Aaris III will allow you to investigate the planet yourselves, learn the fate of the Aaris people and no doubt, run across other investigative teams. Having looked over the zone myself, there is some fantastic trigger work on the rooms, mobs and objects making this place a lot of fun. So, if your looking for something new in the level range of 30-80, check it out.
Hyperspace Jump 202
With Star Wars Episode VII approaching, we are quite excited and ready to have some fun. We’ve kicked that off with a host of game play updates! As is usually the case when rolling out big updates, we took the opportunity to revamp our player and object files while we were in the code, which should make it easier for future enhancements to the game. So….are you ready to start a fresh adventure?
In addition to the approaching movie, December 12th marks Revenge of the Jedi’s 20th Anniversary. That’s right, we opened our digital doors way back in 1995. Here’s a list of some of the events and new features you can see in the game.
December 12th Celebration
- These bonuses will be in-game on December 12th, machine game-time (US Mountain Standard Time, you can see this with Date command).
- All Player logging in on the 12th will receive a Reward for visiting.
- Death Traps will be turned off, you will simply return to port as if you had a Japor snippet or similar item.
- Subber Equipment loss will be turned off, you will not lose items to subber death on the 12th.
Game Design Changes
- Euthanize is now the name of the Surgeon’s long-awaited level 100 skill.
- Beguile is the new level 66 skill for the Scoundrel skill class.
- Repair Ship is a new level 80 Space Engineer skill.
- Legend 10 characters now get a 50% bonus to exp earned while leveling after remorting
- Group information with Group command has been aligned to be more readable.
- Free gifts: After every 5th level gained (land and space), your Guildmaster will now give you a small gift token that can be redeemed for a potentially awesome random item
- Swindling a mob without targeting a specific item now has a chance to obtain a random item based on the victim’s level.
- Fortress of Hate now scales the damage it deals back to the attacker based on the Sith Lord’s alignment!
- Items sold in unlimited quantities by game shopkeepers will be marked as not salvageable.
- Cline’s Heir is a new Autoquest added to the game that includes an expansion to a couple of existing zones and other additions including an homage to RotJ’s birth mud, Death’s Domain, totaling roughly 420 rooms of content. This quest is a blatant homage to Ernest Cline’s book, Ready Player One using some of Raistlin’s favorite things.
With this new autoquest, Raistlin is also holding a Quest of sorts. The first three non-immortal players to finish Cline’s Heir will receive a reward at a time of his choosing. As we just purged, this could take a bit of time to complete. We are trusting that our immortal staff will not divulge any hints about how to start or complete this quest.
- Poison skill was only working on wrist blades and should not again be working on all dagger weapons.
Revenge of the Jedi’s annual Halloween Haunted Mansion is now open for the season as is last’s year new installment, Elm Street, located in Southern Mos Eisley. You can expect more bonuses, festivities and hopefully a quest or two leading up to our favorite time of the mud year. Let’s play!
Nearing the end of September I thought I would once again fill you in on some of the game updates over the last couple months. We’ve had a slight resurgence in coder support, which is always nice and so have been seeing both code and world building efforts making their way into the game. Some of these changes have been live for a month or two now, while others were surprisingly finished a few hours ago. Some of us like to surprise. Also, remember next month is Halloween and you can expect the annual festivities to commence in a few weeks and after that we’ll have our 20th Anniversary coming a week before the release of Episode VII. Like normal I also want to point you to our facebook page should you want to keep current with game. Now, on with the update!
Game Design Changes
- Play Now! As noted in our previous post, the website Online Client for playing the game from our website is now live.
- Workbenches have been fixed up. Partially a bug fix, the Evaluate command was serving double duty as both an object “look closely at” command and for studying details about a possible custom created item. We have removed this tie and replaced the Evaluate command with Assay, which can now be used to review what item your inventory items could produce. Reminder you can “look” at a workbench to see a list of available commands.
- The Chancellor Palpatine Surgical Reconstruction Center (ChanPal SuRecon) has been constructed. This is a 50 room expansion on Coruscant and in the same level range as the general zone (20-45) and includes medical services. Taxi’s have been given directions to the tower or you can find the landing platform yourself. Well versed Star Wars fans will recognize this tower and it should be noted this expansion is only the safer, more public and visible portion of a far more dangerous (and awesome) zone we hope to include at a later date.
- Afterburner messages have been corrected.
- Evaluate will now appropriately disclose the size of a hull.
- Fixed the problem with Space Scan not working when the player also had the Walker Operator Scan skill.
- Corrected the Vehicle Level 70 experience cost gain amount. It was erroneously set to high.
- Jedi Sentinel’s can no longer be the recipient of Fury (Antisanct).
- The Wampa combat message no longer copies the Gore combat message.
Many of you probably remember we used to have a Java script Mud client for playing the game on our previous website. That client went belly-up when the Java became outdated and the original source code was not to be found. Since then we’ve researched Flash, PHP, Java and all sorts of mud clients. They all have had problems. In the end, a simple solution was found and I’m happy to say an online client to Revenge of the Jedi is now available. Just click the Play Now button in the Menu!
The Dowager Queen (Episode IV)
Once every year or so I take it upon myself to begin planned monthly or quarterly updates and then do nothing following that first update for over a year. I might as well call it a yearly update, but here we go, once again I’ll be attempting at least a quarterly update…if there is something worth talking about! The changes to Revenge of the Jedi MUD over the last several months are listed below. Also, I’d like to note our facebook page should be your first stopping point for keeping up with game events. It’s our primary home these days.
Game Design Changes
- Disintegrate will no longer have a chance of affecting Custom Items.
- Players should now be able to target alternate equipped items of the same name with standard 2.item logic. For example, if wearing 2 shimmering cloaks on their person, they can put items into and examine the second cloak by naming it 2.cloak. This was previously not possible with worn equipment.
- Room traps that damage NPC’s can no longer deliver a deathblow. Instead the NPC will enter a mortally wounded status (-10 hp) and stop following their master (if they had one). Note they will probably bleed out and die afterwards. This change will resolve a nasty crash bug most commonly encountered when running Recon droids through damaging rooms.
- The Dowager Queen long a landmark on the Tatooine streets has been expanded into a minor NEWBIE zone, 20-30 rooms in size.
- Blindness and Force Sleep training guides have had their skill point costs equalized with their help files.
- Advance Sense Danger now functions like it should
- Failure of Raise Funds should no longer trigger aggression from other player’s followers
- Ryloth turbolift door and other reported key issues have been corrected.
- Eye of Vex, Wickets Cowl and a few similar item mistakes making said items unusable have been corrected.
- Autoquest’s failing to update their status do to players in Darkness or otherwise invisible has been corrected.
Hello. Don’t panic, you are still on the Revenge of the Jedi MUD homepage. After many long years we’ve finally pulled the trigger on a website revamp. It is mostly a design and platform revamp, with most of the original site converted here and cleaned up here or there. A few new features were added, in particular the active users on the side and the game snapshot page. We invite you to browse around. Some of the dead or non-functioning pieces of the old page have been removed for now and will be added back if we can get them working again. Sadly the play-it-now Java client was one of those casualties. Graphically we’re unhappy with the current banner and forum format and will look to enhance those in the future.
A conversion was done of the list of Users to bring all accounts over. This was done roughly 6 months ago, so any new accounts since then, or password/avatar changes since then may have to be redone. This is one reason I want to go live now instead of waiting any longer and you may want to review your account setup.
Also of note, all forum topics have been converted. However, the author of each post could not be linked to the new user list, meaning every old post had to be attributed to a default user, in this case Raistlin. We’ve manually gone through and updated over a thousand forum posts to their original user, but the oldest stuff (6 years and older) was left pointing to Raistlin. On request, specific posts not properly attributed to you can be fixed.
So without further ado, welcome to our new home.
It’s been some time since we last posted an update to the page, we’ve been a bit distracted these days and things are still rolling here on Meru. As follows are some of the more significant changes we’ve made in the last couple months. Also, we’d like to note our facebook page is seeing alot more activity these days, follow us there to keep update to keep more current with day to day events. In time well look into keeping the webpage, twitter and facebook all in sync so you’ll never miss out.
- Restring Tokens now have a set number of uses and can be used by players to restring (change the name) of their equipment without having to get an immortal involved.
- Custom Items will now have a rent cost of 0. If you have a pre-existing custom item, you can update it’s rent to 0 by using the ‘cupdate’ command.
- Upon Death, a character is no longer disconnected from the game. Instead they are now transferred to a limbo room with a down exit that leads to port. The Limbo room is a safe zone. You will still create a corpse in game, suffer wounds, lose all spells, followers, etc just like is normal.
- Equipped Customs now save over death!!! They will be equipped on you instead of your corpse. Customs in bags or in inventory will still end up your in your corpse. Items inside of your custom ship, will remain in your custom ship.
- Grouping has been modified so that all members of the group can have followers. This means that even if you’re not the leader, your followers can get the killing blow on the mob and have the experience/sp/qps received split amongst the whole party.
- Lights can now be upgraded with power supplies. Better the power supply, the longer the light will last. Top level parts will make the light permanent.
- Legendary Players can now buy a token that will allow them access to a special workbench that they can use to modify objects. Some of the changes are: *making items !subber, !donate, !junk, or !sell *removing the FRAGILE flag *lowering the odds it gets damaged in combat *making it upgradeable
- MURDER command must now be used to kill followers so no longer will you type ‘kill droid’ and whack on of your own group
- Sith Lords who can see in Darkness will now autoassist
- Subber rate lowered on FRAGILE equipment and increased the bonus on QUEST equipment gets to not get subbered
- Experience needed to level on land or train prof has been lowered by 25%
- Legendary Droid – A new Legend Bonus that can be bought that will give a boost to the stats of droid followers
- Mara Jade has joined the ranks of the Legendary Mobs. Her stats and eq have been increased to reflect this.
- Legendary Rooms added to the game. Mini-zones that will will require the Legendary Bonus to access.
- Corellian Space Zone is now Live!
- Blockade skill now improves
- Fixed a bug with Create Ship and Level Checks
- Fixed a bug with Engineers and Probe Droids
- Fixed a bug with energy shields that was causing some of the damage soak to be affected
- Fixed a bug with some of the redeemable legend tokens not working
- Create droid can no longer be used in combat
- Fixed bug in snare, you’ll no longer be able to walk out of the room when snared before combat starts
- Armor technician mobs will now properly work with the ‘service’ command