Here’s a friendly update on the active things coming from Mt. Meru. Some of these have been in for a while, others are new this most recent uptime.
- New elite class of legend NPCs, [**LEGENDARY**]
- Starred legends will now receive a random item for every 100 legend NPC kills
- Some starred legends have been boosted/strengthened, be advised
- All legendary NPCs no longer display their worn equipment
- Hide skill now boosts regen of smugglers
- Leadership skill is now useable in combat
- Legendary mobs now have a chance to break through the Cordon skill
- Force lightning now has a chance to cause an electrocution effect on the victim
- Disintegration now looks for NPC/players before looking for items
- The duration of time for Barrier Field has been slightly lowered
- Force Bind can now be stopped with Peace and has a lower per-round focus cost
- Cloaking system now working, but any attempt to communicate (comlink/auction) reveal you
- Conceal now breaks when combat begins
- Protect skill can now be used in combat. There is a slight lag associated with switching protection
- Aware NPCs (unable to be surprised with backstab/snipe) will become less aware over time
- Any attacks against an NPC will make them aware and alert now
- Glance skill can show if NPCs are aware and alert or not, but may also alert the NPC if noticed
- Mercs can now use the “Calm” skill to remove their Rage or Frenzy
- Slash can now slice through some doors, similar to the Bash skill
- Bayonet secondary system can now allow players to “Slice” through being snared
- Advance Sense Danger – Augments Sixth Sense/Sense Danger to allow Commandos and Force Users to dodge the first attack from aggressive enemies
- Force Block – Allows a Force User to try and block an attack when they are caught without their lightsaber
The instructors for the Jedi subguilds have been changed up to better match the subclasses:
- Sentinels will need to seek out Obi-Wan Kenobi
- Defenders can be learn from Mace Windu or Jedi Master Luke Skywalker
- To Yoda, Consulars will need to go
Here’s a friendly update from Mount Meru:
- Mind Trick – now opened up to work on significantly more mobs. Particularly, mobs that were push-able can now be “persuaded” to move with a mind trick.
- Word of Recall… is gone! Bounty hunters will now be getting wrist worn weaponry at level 51 in the place of word of recall. So keep some passes handy now, you have been warned.
- Retreat, group retreat, and casualty evacuation – these will no longer allow you to go into a deathtrap.
- Snare – Bounty hunters utilize grappling hook armor system to ensnare opponents, preventing fleeing. Those with lightsabers or daggers can “slice” themselves free, mercs can use their strength to break the snare, and the force power Peace will drop any ensnarement in the room.
- Drag – once a player is snared, a bounty hunter can “drag” that opponent to an adjacent room.
- Whirlwind – like Berserk, this will allow a dagger, melee, or lightsaber user to hit all visible mobs in a room. (SP Skill)
- Force Sleep – allows a Jedi to use the Force to cause an opponent to enter a deep sleeping trance.
The staff of Revenge of the Jedi would like to wish you happy holidays! Hope you had a Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, Quanza, and Winter Solstice. We look forward to seeing you all throughout 2013.
We have purged all player files.
Time to start a new adventure…
*que 20th Century Fox intro music*
A long time ago in a galaxy far far away…
Here is a rundown of the major changes implemented with the Purge…
- We have a retooled the way hitpoints and focus points are gained. Your class and size are now more important than your race. You will now see much less spread in the stats between races of similar size in class. So try a new race out!
- Small size characters dodge. To reflect their small, nimble nature and increase survivability, smaller characters have a slight chance to naturally dodge some attacks.
- Subguild skills have been redistributed and in some instances reorganized. Help files have been updated to reflect these changes.
- The quest shops have been revamped! Rather than exclusively set pieces the year, the question up now focuses on one time use items as well as single use items to improve your existing equipment. Additionally, there is now also a questi shop vendor which will sell high-level random equipment for quest points. Expect to see the new items rolled out in the coming days.
- The legend system is back! Now, rather than obtaining legend points from killing certain mobs, you buy legend levels with a combination of skill points and quest points. Each legend level (10 total) allows access to certain sp skills, quest items, and eventually special SP lesser classes! Level 10 legends may also choose to play with full-looting among other legends.
- Force healing and mend wounds have seen significant increase in focus cost for use. Plan your new character’s focus pool accordingly.
- Experience gained from healing other players has been increased.
- Unique items. A new flag will be seen on items called “unique” which means that you can rent with a single copy of that item. This will help prevent hoarding up some items and allow us to offer otherwise restricted items.
- Rent limits. Now certain items have different limitations on the number which you can rent with. Secondary ammo and utility items such as passes now have their own rent limits instead of going towards the general limit. Other all other item types have the same restrictions.
- This is just the beginning! We’ve improved several things on the backend and can now continue to roll out updates as we complete them. So keep your eyes peeled for things like Arms Dealer and Slave Trader as Lesser Classes and skills such as Force Tracking and Transmitter Gates to appear in the near future!
Today Star Wars: Revenge of the Jedi MUD turns 17!!! Still alive and kicking since our humble beginnings in a dorm room in 1995. Many of you are probably taking a little break in preparation for the big player purge next week, but be sure to stop by and say hi and have a slice of old anniversary cake at Port. (I think it’s still leftover from our 15th anniversary)
As you probably noticed, the website has a new look. With a purge around the corner, we thought it might be time to update the look of the website. But we also realize that not everyone likes the same looks, so we’re going to allow you to customize.
Once you login you’ll notice a new menu on the left side, below User Menu, called Select Theme. You simply select the theme from the drop down and hit change. Our themes are going to be based on the planets from the Star Wars universe.
The first, and default theme, is Tatooine. Childhood home to Anakin and Luke Skywalker, this small, poor desert planet has managed to feature prominently in the Star Wars universe being featured in five of the six films and countless expanded universe material. It also just so happens to be the starting planet for RotJ mud as well!
We will continue to add additional planets (themes) for your use and if you don’t like the new themes at all, you can always select the Classic theme to keep the old look. Enjoy
— Rohno and Taksun
December 17, 2012
11:59 pm EST
We are planning on a complete system wipe and restore.
That’s right, we’re purging.
For old players, you’ll remember a purge reinvigorates and is an exciting chance for everything to start fresh.
For new players, (who may want to cry at losing their characters) please know that this will allow us to put in some additional features/changes in the code and isn’t something we do regularly. Our last purge like this was November 1, 2007 (and it was a surprise to all the players).
There will be some new things that are going in with this purge. Some will be ready and implemented on day one, others over time. Some will have a noticeable impact, others will be behind the scenes. We will do our best to let you know about most of the changes that impact you.
Updates on changes will be through the website, when we’re ready to announce them. So please don’t spend the next 3 weeks asking over comlink “hey so what’s going to be new with the purge?”
“Amazing! A quick controlled thrust and he’s back on course!”
We are back up and running. Unfortunately all player files and equipment had to be restored to the back-up from last week. Our apologies for the inconvenience. Your accounts would have all been credited with an extra month of free game play — if it wasn’t always free already!
“…did he crash-ed?”