With Star Wars Episode VII approaching, we are quite excited and ready to have some fun. We’ve kicked that off with a PURGE! While your credits, items, and stats are gone, we did something special this time around and restarted everyone to level 1. So you keep your Legend Levels, Quest/Skill points, and all SP skills! So….are you ready to start a fresh adventure?
In addition to the approaching movie, December 12th marks Revenge of the Jedi’s 20th Anniversary. That’s right, we opened our digital doors way back in 1995. Here’s a list of some of the events and new features you can see in the game.
December 12th Celebration
- These bonuses will be in-game on December 12th, machine game-time (US Mountain Standard Time, you can see this with Date command).
- All Player logging in on the 12th will receive a Reward for visiting.
- Death Traps will be turned off, you will simply return to port as if you had a Japor snippet or similar item.
- Subber Equipment loss will be turned off, you will not lose items to subber death on the 12th.
Game Design Changes
- Euthanize is now the name of the Surgeon’s long-awaited level 100 skill.
- Beguile is the new level 66 skill for the Scoundrel skill class.
- Repair Ship is a new level 80 Space Engineer skill.
- Legend 10 characters now get a 50% bonus to exp earned while leveling after remorting
- Group information with Group command has been aligned to be more readable.
- Free gifts: After every 5th level gained (land and space), your Guildmaster will now give you a small gift token that can be redeemed for a potentially awesome random item
- Swindling a mob without targeting a specific item now has a chance to obtain a random item based on the victim’s level.
- Fortress of Hate now scales the damage it deals back to the attacker based on the Sith Lord’s alignment!
- Items sold in unlimited quantities by game shopkeepers will be marked as not salvageable.
- Cline’s Heir is a new Autoquest added to the game that includes an expansion to a couple of existing zones and other additions including an homage to RotJ’s birth mud, Death’s Domain, totaling roughly 420 rooms of content. This quest is a blatant homage to Ernest Cline’s book, Ready Player One using some of Raistlin’s favorite things.
With this new autoquest, Raistlin is also holding a Quest of sorts. The first three non-immortal players to finish Cline’s Heir will receive a reward at a time of his choosing. As we just purged, this could take a bit of time to complete. We are trusting that our immortal staff will not divulge any hints about how to start or complete this quest.
- Poison skill was only working on wrist blades and should not again be working on all dagger weapons.