With Star Wars Episode VII approaching, we are quite excited and ready to have some fun. We’ve kicked that off with a host of game play updates! As is usually the case when rolling out big updates, we took the opportunity to revamp our player and object files while we were in the code, which should make it easier for future enhancements to the game. So….are you ready to start a fresh adventure?
In addition to the approaching movie, December 12th marks Revenge of the Jedi’s 20th Anniversary. That’s right, we opened our digital doors way back in 1995. Here’s a list of some of the events and new features you can see in the game.
December 12th Celebration
- These bonuses will be in-game on December 12th, machine game-time (US Mountain Standard Time, you can see this with Date command).
- All Player logging in on the 12th will receive a Reward for visiting.
- Death Traps will be turned off, you will simply return to port as if you had a Japor snippet or similar item.
- Subber Equipment loss will be turned off, you will not lose items to subber death on the 12th.
Game Design Changes
- Euthanize is now the name of the Surgeon’s long-awaited level 100 skill.
- Beguile is the new level 66 skill for the Scoundrel skill class.
- Repair Ship is a new level 80 Space Engineer skill.
- Legend 10 characters now get a 50% bonus to exp earned while leveling after remorting
- Group information with Group command has been aligned to be more readable.
- Free gifts: After every 5th level gained (land and space), your Guildmaster will now give you a small gift token that can be redeemed for a potentially awesome random item
- Swindling a mob without targeting a specific item now has a chance to obtain a random item based on the victim’s level.
- Fortress of Hate now scales the damage it deals back to the attacker based on the Sith Lord’s alignment!
- Items sold in unlimited quantities by game shopkeepers will be marked as not salvageable.
- Cline’s Heir is a new Autoquest added to the game that includes an expansion to a couple of existing zones and other additions including an homage to RotJ’s birth mud, Death’s Domain, totaling roughly 420 rooms of content. This quest is a blatant homage to Ernest Cline’s book, Ready Player One using some of Raistlin’s favorite things.
With this new autoquest, Raistlin is also holding a Quest of sorts. The first three non-immortal players to finish Cline’s Heir will receive a reward at a time of his choosing. As we just purged, this could take a bit of time to complete. We are trusting that our immortal staff will not divulge any hints about how to start or complete this quest.
- Poison skill was only working on wrist blades and should not again be working on all dagger weapons.