“There’s been an awakening…”
Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker is rapidly approaching, so we are all extremely excited and ready for some fun. We’ve kicked that off with a host of game play updates! Additionally, December 12th marks Revenge of the Jedi’s 24th Anniversary! You read that right. We booted up our server in 1995 and there’s no sign of stopping. Here’s a list of some of the events and new features you can see in the game.
December 12th Celebration
- These bonuses will be in-game on December 12th, machine game-time (US Mountain Standard Time, you can see this with Date command).
- All Player logging in on the 12th will receive a Reward for visiting.
- Death Traps will be turned off, you will simply return to port as if you had a Japor snippet or similar item.
- Subber Equipment loss will be turned off, you will not lose items to subber death on the 12th.
Episode 9 Release Date
- Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker releases December 19th!!! You better believe we’re gonna be throwing up bonuses and maybe running some quests
- Please, do NOT talk about the film on public channels until after Christmas. Use a private channel (pcom) for those that want to talk about it.
- Respect other players right to see and experience the last chapter of the Skywalker Saga for themselves. Failure to abide by this will result at the very least in a long mute, if not more sever punishment at the whims of the Immortals. You’ve been warned!
Countdown to Christmas
- On December 13th, our very special Christmas zone will open up on the planet Hoth. Enjoy the zone and its rare items for the 12 days leading up to Christmas day. Don’t forget to sip the egg nog!
- On Christmas day expect more big bonuses to fill your day with Star Wars yuletide cheer!
- We will keep our winter wonderland holiday zone open through December 30th this year! (The last day of Hanukkah)
Game Design Changes
Players now have access to the quickkill command. This command will allow you to forgo having to type in the name of a mob to kill them, it will simply select the first mob in the room and you’ll start attacking it. This is great for just grinding mobs and not worrying too much about what you’re killing. But it could also get yourself killed if you’re not pay attention to who is in the room with you or if they walk in at the last second.
Jaster Mereel sneaks inâ€¦
Time between rounds of combat have been slightly increased to allow for more player actions and reactions.
Rent is no longer a function of rent price of your objects, but a set per diem price (5%) of your total credits. Cryo is an upfront price of 15% of your total credits. If you remain rented longer than your credits will last (20 days), you will not lose any items when you return to the game. However, you will have no cash
Quit now rents you from anywhere. However, it will cost you double the credits and you will return back to Port on Tatooine.
Items left in a dead mob’s corpse will now disintegrate along with the corpse after 5 ticks. Player corpses will continue to leave behind their contents after deterioration.
Identify is now both a skill and a spell. While the skill is available to all players, it will require that you have a reusable scanner item.
Recall is now a skill that is free to use up until level 30. Otherwise, you may use it outside of combat and on a 30 second cooldown for 1% of your total credits. Single-use recall devices or passes will continue to work the same.
Healing your wounds at the Medical Guild now can be done without any credit cost. However, you can still pay credits and they will be healed rapidly. The experience point costs remain.
Primary as Lesser Classes
You are now able to join a primary class as your secondary or tertiary class if you have already reached level 100 in that class previously.
Previous stun immunity has been changed to stun resistance, based on mob level
Subber death will now affect server deaths – servers beware!
You are now able to practice, train, and gain levels from your original guild master as well as your subguild master. You now only must visit your subguild GM to join the subguild initially.
Stating an item being auctioned (aucstat) is now free of any credit cost.
Weapon/Ship/armor systems now slowly regenerate their ammunition over time or you can rapidly restock or rearm them with ammunition/resupply items.
New players are given a reusable scanner upon creation. Also, the Newbie Handlight is now a permanent light source.
You can now rejoin the TerÃ¤s KÃ¤si lesser class again without the Skill Point cost if you have previously purchased it.
Clan bank accounts will no longer be directly accessible by players, in order to avoid them being used as personal piggy banks. Deposits and withdrawals will need to be coordinated with an Immortal.